Thursday, March 19, 2009

Golf and painting

Today Peter and I played our first 9 holes of golf together. My friend Sue also joined us. We didn't score which was just as well considering the number of bunker shots we had! It was good fun and I have joined the Sanctuary Golf Club for 3 months so we will be playing quite a few more times. It is an extemely frustrating game!





Peter has now had 1 week of his 13 weeks long service leave. He has been busy painting our front passage way (getting rid of the outdated colours) and Nicole's old room which Sarah will move into. A new coat of paint certainly freshens the rooms up.



Tonight we went and did some shopping at Woolies. I have been reading some blogs about being more frugal and shopping on a budget. So I had my list and we did a rough estimate on what everything should cost ($150) and we came in at $130 after staff discount. I found it very hard just to buy what was on the list as I am a "grab everything" shopper but it was an interesting exercise and I think we will try and do it for a while. We also took the time to compare products and the price differences due to packaging and brands and probably saved $10 just doing that.



No comments:

Post a Comment