Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Fig Tree
The property that backs onto part of our property has recently been sold. Some serious demolition has been done on parts off the house and in the backyard. Today as the machinery moved closer to our fence I knew it was time for the old fig tree to go. I feel quite sad as it is something that we have looked at everday for over 13 years. In winter after all its leaves have fallen it let sun into the kitchen area. In spring we have watched as its enormous leaves grow so fast. In summer it has filled with figs (which were always full of fruit fly!) and left a stinky mess in our wood area as the fruit has rotted. In autumn it has made a huge mess when all the leaves fall and blow everwhere. I has provided us with welcome shade in summer when we had the pool and has been a popular gathering spot for the local birds. But now its gone...


Farewell fig tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment