Monday, June 15, 2009

Winner and back to work

Last week I got a phone call from the people from Health Smart magazine to say I had won a runners up prize in a photo competition. The theme of the competition was "What makes you happy" so I entered this photo of the girls taken on Janelle's 19th birthday.





My little prize was a digital photo frame and the photo will be published in an upcoming issue of the magazine.

Peter went back to work today after his 3 months off. Although it sounds like a long time it went by very quickly - here's what we achieved:

-Repainted the passageway to get rid of the two toned walls

-Repainted Nicole's old room and shifted Sarah into it (had a huge cleanout of Sarah's accumulated childhood junk)

-Made Sarah's old little bedroom into a study/craft room, repainted it and put vinyl on the floor. We fitted out the room with office furniture from Fullers.

-Had new carpets laid in Janelle and Sarahs's rooms.

-Arranged for a new skylight to go in the kitchen (which certainly makes a huge difference) and a new manhole in cupboard as the other one wasn't very accessible because of the airconditioning unit.

-We also had the whole house insulated (thanks to Mr Rudds generosity)

-Extended the existing vegie garden and also build a new one removing some of the back lawn.

-Removed the swimming pool

-Repaved the whole patio and old pool area (this project took longer than expected)

-Refitted our wardrobe with shelving, painted our room and changed all the linen and bedding

-Chose new carpet for the loungeroom and our bedroom

-Totally rearranged the spare bedroom and cleared out years of junk from the filing cabinet

-Peter cleaned out the shed

-Trimmed all the trees around in the yard and cleaned out all the gutters

-Got the winters supply of firewood

-Played heaps of golf

-Did quite a few trips to Perth picking up and dropping off Janelle and Dad

-Had a lovely mini break to Karri Valley

-Enjoyed the beach walking the dogs in the lovely warm unseasonal weather

We did achieve a lot but as always there is still plenty to do. So now I will go and and have my afternoon cuppa by myself as Bella continues to sulk without her best friend at home.

Today I start my part time roster at Woolies, I am no longer a casual and will work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. So I wont have to wait around for a phone call each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment