Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Long Weekend

.
We started off with the traditional hot cross buns for brekky on Good Friday. Then it was a trip out to Gelorup to look at a Getz and took that for a test drive. Janelle then got stuck into some study and did heaps over the whole weekend...

I sewed my binding on my little "Paris" quilt...

Peter and I then went and played golf with Wayne and Sue. It wasn't a very good day for Peter, not only did he lose 5 balls but also the head of his driver went flying off and landed in the water. Rather funny at the time but then the realization of more money to be spent on golf sticks! On the way home we called in to see Nicole and mates as they were having a dress up party. (Peter also needed to scab some golf balls that they find!) Here's how they frocked up...

Peter and Janelle went over to Harvey on Saturday morning to look at another car for sale there. Then Peter took Sarah shopping to get a new "must have" Blackberry phone...

Peter pulled out the "summer" vegie garden and left a few tomatoe plants. Not sure if we will put much in here during winter...

Janelle, Sarah and I went shopping for some clothes and new sandshoes. I then had to go work. The girls still like it when Easter Bunny calls by and they get to hunt for eggs...

Sonic also came in for a visit...And a family shot...In the afternoon we drove down to Busselton for an Easter cuppa with Peter's family at Sue's house. On the way through Busselton we found 6 cows on display as part of the Margaret River Cow Parade. There are 85 cows scattered through the area, all decorated differently. The first one we saw is "Fin De Siecle Cow..."We Didn't Do It"..."Moosic Mania"...Loved this one dressed up as Gene Simmons from KISS complete with the long tongue, brings back memories of 30 years ago when I dressed up with some friends at a school social.(I am Ace Frehley)..."Tru-Blu"..."Jetty Cow"..."Self Portrait"...The patches on this one were groups of photos...It would be fun to find the other 70 odd but could take a while!

On Monday we headed out to golf again with Wayne and Sue. Wayne found Peter's driver head had floated to the edge of the lake so we fished it out to keep. After we had played the guys went into the golf shop and "found" a new driver for Peter so he came home happy...

In the late afternoon Janelle went for a "test run" just a short 21 km's to see if she could do the distance for her leg of the half ironman in a few weeks time. I rode my bike along side her and after golf as well I was pretty stiff and sore. She made the distance easily in just over 1 and a half hours.

The weekend ended with well deserved spa!

No comments:

Post a Comment